Monday, December 18, 2006

What I’m Watching: Sundays


Welcome back. Hope you had a great weekend. Continuing the series, we’ll catch up by tackling Sunday and then we’ll do something slightly different for the rest of the week.

Without a Trace

I don’t watch CSI. Never took to it. But this other Bruckheimer produced procedural, Without a Trace, is pretty cool. Lori took to it as well. Unfortunately, neither of us seems to like the show now (it’s in its fourth season) as much as we did when we first started watching it. And that has little to do with the show itself and more to do with us. You see, every episode, someone goes missing and this team of FBI agents then must search for them, usually by starting with those closest to the missing person. And since Lori and I have been married and had Melody, these episodes and the accompanying real-life Missing Persons bulletins that go out with the show each week (apparently they’ve been really successful in helping to find real missing persons) really hit you where it counts. So, Jack Malone and team, you’re doing a great job. Keep up the good work. But I’m making sure my little one is tucked safely in bed before Lori and I settle down to share in your adventures. Check out new episodes on CBS and reruns on TNT (check local listings for exact time).

So that’s my usual TV week if we’re not in a repeat slump, as we are now. Of course, there’s always the stray monkey wrench. Sometimes we’ll have a special miniseries (like last week’s The Lost Room on SciFi), a cool made-for-TV movie (like The Librarian: Return To King Solomon’s Mines on TNT from a couple weeks ago) or one of my favorite summer series returns at an odd time (as is happening on December 22 with the next show on my list). So swing back by tomorrow and I’ll touch on the first of some running series that are currently on hiatus.

No comments: