Friday, December 08, 2006

Daddy Is No Go To Work


Over Thanksgiving weekend, Melody got spoiled.

You see, Melody gets up at the crack of dawn every morning. It doesn’t matter what time she goes to bed or whether or not she had a nap the day before. Our little two and a half year old is still up at roughly 6:30 every morning. So one of us, either Lori or myself, has to get up with her.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, that task fell to me more often than not. And Melody reveled in it. Because, you see, Daddy watches Disney movies with Melody and makes pancakes which is a step or two up from PBS and oatmeal.

So when it came time for me to go back to work, Melody put this little pout on her face and said, “No. Daddy is no go to work.”

And I said, “But Melody, I have to go to work. Otherwise, we won’t have any money.”

“No. Daddy is stay home for Melody for awhile,” she replied.

“On Saturday, I can stay with Melody, but today I have to go to work,” I sighed. I decided to try a different tact… to get her excited about something else. “But today Grandma is going to come and watch you.”

“No,” Melody stated, “Grandma is go to work.”

I laughed. “Grandma doesn’t really have Photoshop skills,” I explained.

Melody thought for a moment. “Okay. Mommy and Melody is go to work. Okay?”

Sounds good to me!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: