Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Customer Service Still Rules


Okay. On Friday, I inadvertently ran the Mustang up the driveway curb at work, just where the driveway curb starts to slope upward. Apparently, this caused my rear passenger-side tire to pinch inward. Pop and squeal! I was out of air before I could put the car in the parking space.

Other than feeling stupid, I wasn’t all that mad about it. Besides, since this "accident," at least two people have told me they’ve don’t the same thing. So now I don't fell that stupid.

Plus, all four tires were only a few months old. Surely they’re under warranty. Right?

So lunch was spent putting on the spare. Side note: How many artists does it take to put a spare tire on a Mustang? Apparently two. Kris (my art department colleague) helped and after that, I dug into my lunch, including a small bowl of ice cream and some extra drinks that Lori dropped off to lift my spirits.

At the end of the day, I drove the Mustang, donut tire and all, to Discount Tire Center. If you’re familiar with Colorado Springs, this particular location can be found on Academy just south of the Citadel Mall.

I rolled the wheel into the lobby. The guy took one look at it, got my name and punched me into the computer.

How much to replace the tire? $15.

Not bad for a $98 tire.

How long did it take? About a half hour. I was able to start my weekend with not much of a detour at all.

I don’t see any reason to get my tires anywhere else.

And you probably thought I was going to rant and rave. Shame on you!

No comments: